2 hours blackout in Taman Perdana Kampar and Newtown

Despite studying for my neurobiology, I open my laptop and blog.

I know..i know… This is not the perfect to do such a thing. However, I just can't wait to share my experience for the 2 hour.

Lots of things happened within that hour.

First of all, let's get started with a sudden slowing down of wall fan in my room with the addition of sound effects of moaning from depressed students who are living around the neighborhood. Perhaps the sound came from my housemates. Hahaha. Not sure.

For the first few minutes, I was still expecting that the electricity will return by any minute Enjoying my Maggie Tom yam + Cabbage with a mug of Oatmeal+ Overtime. Yes, I was preparing my dinner before that. I'm just so lucky that I started to boil water around 5.30 pm, otherwise bye bye dinner.

Once the fan was off, immediately I felt the sudden change of pressure in my room. You know,the kind of Tut……… sound you can hear when the pressure inside and outside of your ears is unbalance and not to mention I felt suffocated. Why? You see, my room has very bad air ventilation. So, without a fan, you might feel like breathing at moon.

My body was all sweaty due to eating the hot Maggie Tomyam and the oatmeal drink in addition to the sudden blackout. I don't know somehow, I managed to grab a Reader's Digest to read while "enjoying" my dinner and sweating at the same time. The whole thing just seemed so weird. Anyone who passed by my room will think that I'm "qi xiao". Perhaps, I still couldn't believe that there was a blackout, and it was not going to end by just a few minutes. =.=!!!

I hastily finished up my dinner and went to bath. Yes! Bath. Unfortunately, my surrounding was too hot that I started to feel my body start to become sticky again and sweaty. I started to feel panic as the electricity did not restore. I have decided to send some SMS to my friends, wondering whether they were suffering from the same thing.

BINGO! The areas in Tesco and Newtown Kampar were experiencing blackouts

At first, I don't really know what to do. Everything came so sudden. I remembered Yen ee told me about faulty fuse at her house and she suffered from several blackouts previously due to that reason. She managed to restore the electricity by turned off and on of the fuse. So, I decided to do the same thing. I didn't really know how it looks like and it is not the same as I saw from Television before. LOL . She told me it looks bigger that the rest of the switches, on the left hand side. I tried to turn it off and on, but still nothing happened. I even sms my landlady's daughter telling her there was no electricity in our house. What a moron! I thought she might be able to do something about it LOL. =.=

I started to figure out what should I do next. Perhaps I was overreacting or maybe because due to my room structure, my room started to look really dark at 6.45 pm. All I knew was everywhere will turn dark by a few more minutes. At first I thought of reading under torchlight. Brilliant, huh? Yea, I don't feel like going out. However, I have no idea how long those batteries can last and those batteries are not cheap! Fine, I have to go to Tesco and buy candles. I have a lighter with me but no candles. Ironic, huh? Lots of people gathered at Tesco to enjoy free air-conditioner. HAHAHAHA. Once I got my candles I cycled home. Great! I sweat even more. Outside the neighborhood, many students stood outside their houses and chit-chating with their friends. Everyone didn't like the idea of staying in their houses with this kind of weather. Who wouldn't? There were too many people outside that it suddenly reminded me of one of the scene in "The Day after Tomorrow" movie. Where large crowds gathered together in the library, blabbering among each other of how cold the weather is. Yea, just rewatched the movie a few days ago. I really thought it was going to be the end of the world soon when night came and my handphone going to finish its batter soon. I was thinking what should I do if I run out of battery? I even thought of "should I open my door when I sleep?" and I even planned to use the cooling fan for laptop as my fan when I sleep with the remaining and the only 3-hour-long –power source from my laptop battery. Thanks for the gift, it indeed comes in handy at this time.

I started to read my neurobiology IN THE DARK. At first I thought I might not feel sleepy with this kind of hot surrounding. Guess that I was wrong. I felt sleepy instead. I even adjusted my alarm clock to wake up early in the morning to continue my reading. WHAT THE HECK! Out of guilt, I didn't sleep in the end. HAHAHA. Struggling to stay awake no matter what. Fortunately, not long after that, THE ELECTRICITY WAS RESTORED at 8.41 PM!! WOOT! And here I am, blogging. XDXD

I guess that's all for now, gotta continue with my Neurobiology Lecture NOTES. T_T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute