A Good Lecturer-How?

Just went to peep into one of my foundation lecturer's blog which he created it just to vent out his feeling towards his nowadays students. After reading his blog, I feel kind of bad for him actually. Well, he was my biology lecturer, and tutor during foundation. If anything related to Biology, it has definitely has something to do with him. =) I still remember that I actually feel scared to attend his lecture. Mind you, not HATE but S-C-A-R-E-D! Why? Because I was so afraid that I might fall asleep during his lecture. Can't say that he is a bad lecturer (it depends how you define it =)), it just that I feel so sleepy whenever I was in his lecture. Sleepy? Why? I can say that my sleepiness is definitely not due to having insufficient sleep in the previous night and I don't think it is his fault either (at least not 100%). I think it is more to the study environment and the way a lecturer conduct his lecture. Come and think of it, students are confined in an extremely cold air conditioner room and not to mention that his class was always in the morning. It just so happens that his voice blends so well with the over-comfy room which is somehow worked like a magic lullaby that can cause the student to doze off by any minute. The situation got worse when the students do not understand the lecture that he is conducting. I daresay that no students will like to doze off during lecture IF they are given the chance to understand the lecture. Sometimes I do ask myself why I can feel so sleepy during lecture and the feeling of fighting off drowsiness in the mid of the lecture is totally A NIGHTMARE! (You want to sleep, but you can't). If the lighting is extremely bright (when the lecture is conducted in a lab), I tend to close my eyes more. =.=!!!!!

            So? What I did to overcome this kind of sleepy "disease"? Me and my gang will conquer the front row whenever we are in a lecture hall. Hopefully we (I think it's only me =)) can prevent myself from a sudden attack of sleepiness. Well, at least you don't dare to sleep when your lecturer is standing right in front of your nose, right? It does work…….sometimes. =) finally, as time goes by, I discover one more factor that can help me to stay awake during lecture. U-N-D-E-R-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G!!! I realize that, when I understand a lecture (you know what's going on and you know what you are learning), I can become so interested to that particular subject that I will totally turn myself on and continue listening to the lecture. You just feel so intrigued that these are what happening to your own body. (sci sub). I remembered I didn't get enough sleep in the previous night but surprisingly I didn't feel sleepy in his lecture class at all. Who is it? Our immunology and former endocrinology lecturer. Yea, there are certain things that I don't really like about him but I have to admit that he is able to conduct a marvelous lecture to his students. You can just directly absorb whatever he is teaching you. I tried to determine the differences between he and other lecturers' ways of conducting a lecture. First, he isn't monotonous (otherwise his voice will become a magic lullaby), second, he tends to use his own words to explain his lecture to his students rather than using all those bombastic words that can kill us, third, he will utilize all the UTAR equipment very well (whiteboard and marker pen) and finally he won't static in one particular position only (he has this quick and impulsive movements *which give me the feeling that he is showing off =.= BUT does wonder to cause alertness of his presence*). Well, these are things that I observed from this lecturer. Should I introduce this lecturer to my foundation lecturer who already arrived to Kampar? We don't need a lecturer who knows how to be a comedian in order to make the lecture sounds interesting (this is an extra credit for a lecturer if he/she can do so =)). I think, by merely understand what the students' need you can be a fantastic lecturer already.

Comments

  1. wah, but i have to agree.lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, then im not the only one lor LOL>>>:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. His voice, Oh, memang cannot tahan...
    You should recommend him to our former bio lec~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute