New Laptop Asus A42F~ Rm1999

Finally! my laptop Compaq Presario v3000 was officially "brain dead" by yesterday March 28th 2010. Why do i refer it as "brain dead"? this is because other than the "no display" problem, the rest of the functions are fine! =.=!!!
I bought this laptop at a Pc shop named "Poposomo", cute name,huh? , which is located beside vegetarian shop at Kampar, eastlake. I still remembered when was the last time i used my old laptop. It was on Thursday!! I remembered that time i was writing my Molecular Biology report references and i just left a few minutes to finish it before i got to go to campus. i remembered i wrote until the 3rd reference, and thought of continuing the rest after my lecture class ended at 7.00 pm. Little did i know that it was the last time i'm going to use my old laptop. when i went home after 7.00pm, changed my clothes and turned on my laptop (while eating dinner =P).
As usual, there will be no display for the first time i turn on my laptop, then i have to force shut down the laptop by pressing the switch for a few seconds. later on, i have to wait for at least 15 seconds (no discount) before i can turn on my laptop. =.=!!! (problematic,huh?). Due to this problem, i'm expecting my laptop to break down any time. i was hoping this laptop can last for at least the end of this semester (so that got enough time to save some money to buy a new one). unfortunately, it was "brain dead" on Thursday night. though i'm expecting this to happen sooner or later, when my laptop really couldn't be turned on for the second time, i still feel panic. i told myself, "okay, wait a bit longer before turn on again" - failed, "okay, go take your bath first, then only turn on again"- also failed. "okay, take out the power outlet and try again!"- again and again failed. Fine, i have to accept the fact that this laptop is officially "dead"!. i quickly rode on my bike and cycled to the Pc shop with my laptop, hoping to save it for at least the next few months. However, when i showed him my laptop, he told me that very seldom the technicians will repair this laptop (Compaq Presario V3000) for display problem anymore, due to the high possibility that the same problem will recur (like i said in my previous post - one month later, 1 week later, 1 day later or even one hour later).
I knew the moment he said this, i am destined to buy a new laptop. i asked him for some laptop catalogs and which brand is good enough for a student to use (though i already have a few in my mind). he told me "Asus" is good (don't dare to say "the best" hahahaha) because so far, he seldom sees his customers will bring "Asus" branded laptop to repair. i admit i was a little doubtful at that moment because first, i rarely know anything about Asus brand laptop (i haven't seen any of my friend using it, most of them are using Dells) and he, himself is a Asus retailer (of course will say this brand is good LOL). he suggested me to buy this brand (Asus A42f, for rm1999. The actual price dropped from Rm2099 to Rm1999 just a few days ago). i roughly went through the model's description and it seemed not bad for a Rm1999 laptop. i thanked him and went home. i looked at the catalogs again and was wondering whether i should buy a netbook instead? well, this time i really need to ask money from my dad- the most challenging part. first, i sms my dad telling him that my laptop finally go kaput. (don't dare to call, just afraid he will nag me through handphone =.=). Just as i have expected, his reaction is no good at all, he even asked me "why your laptop always breakdown?". i knew he will say this again because last time he was asking the same question when i asked for money to repair my laptop. i told him it's not my fault, i didn't do anything harsh (i think so) to damage my own laptop and i even told him Cheese's laptop also has stopped working a few months ago and she has to buy a new laptop as well. (have to defend myself LOL, my dad seemed to blame me for the kaput laptop T_T). he sighed (very loudly through the phone), then asked me "Gei lap sui - in cantonese mean big lump sum of money i need this time?".
Fretfully, i told him Rm2000. Of course it was a big shock to him. then he told me he will try to bank in the money to my account by tomorrow (on friday) and let out a long and heavy sigh before ended the conversation. i went over the catalog again, checking the price for netbooks. i thought of buying this kind of laptop since i hardly used my laptop for heavy use except burn (using external optical drive) or converting videos (rarely do eversince entered UTAR hahahaha). Maybe i can save some of my dad's money (hopefully get scolded lesser hahaha). However, i never use netbook before and afraid that the performance will not be at least the standard that i'm using now. (i beh tahan slow, and lag performance). i have been pondering for quite some time and finally i have decided to buy a laptop. i don't dare to take any risk to buy a something that i have not used before and so expensive at the same time (this is not cosmetics or skin care products LOL) or else i might get scolded for the second time if i complain anything about the netbook in the future and my dad will go "why did you buy the netbook?" =.=!!!
That's it! it's finally sealed! i went to the pc shop and told the shopkeeper that i'm going to buy the modal he recommended previously. he told me the laptop will be transported from Kl to Kampar and might arrive by this saturday or monday. i told him if possible, please make it by saturday because i need to finish up my homework (one of them is Neurobiology Poster T_T). Fortunately, i indeed received my laptop by yesterday! (fast,huh). he helped me to set up all the necessary components and guess what he asked me to choose some free gifts! i would rather not to say "some" free gifts because he gave me quite a lot of things such as, mouse, mouse pad, cooling fan (like a small fan, even human also can use haahahaha, not sure about the price, never used before, i'm using cooling pad currently), screen protector (Rm20), laptop cleaner (worth Rm30 in Low Yat)headphone+mic (Rm15++ i think) and speakers (not sure about the price)!!! They are lot right!!!
So, that's how i got my new laptop. my dad called yesterday asking me about my new laptop (more gentle way, i think he was not mad anymore phew!!). He even reminded me to bring the old laptop back to KL (I guess he wants to use it once it got repaired hahahaha).

p/s: No matter what, it feels good to have new laptop with EVERYTHING is NEW!! hopefully it will last long. Amen...

Comments

  1. +Hey. I'm just planning 2 buy this laptop. But cudn't rly find any reviews on the site. Juz happen 2 cum across urs.
    +So if u dun mind me asking, how is it so far?
    +And by that price wot version of windows r u using and how many gb is the hard disk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asus A42F corei3 330M 2.27 GHz works perfectly. It has Power4Gear Self-adjustable Fan Speed so that battery will save more power. Battery life in the indicator says 5hours but it depleted within 4hours and 10minutes. Sounds Good by Altec SRS".. The coat Cross hatch making it scratch-resistant. I played Left4dead, TMNT, Spiderman2, Prince of Persia and nothings problem, also DevilmayCry4 but in low mode. Good in Converting videos, Files etc..

    here;s the CPUID Specification:
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/12/2400539//A42F_CPUID.png

    http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/12/2400539//A42F_Everestcpuid.png

    http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/12/2400539//Asus_A42F_Performance2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL i also using this Asus A42F ... but mine "brain dead" on today T____T power on, but screen show nothing...recently it has been shut down few times with some computer "sot" sound LOL...maybe the display spoilt @.@ so asus not really the best..this is the 1st laptop that i used will break down =.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine works fine, i use it 6-8 hrs daily, never had a problem ever since. anyway, a piece of advice. try not to get a direct contact with a camera flash, it sucks the life on your LCD. don't even get curious to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. mine working fine till at the moment (lol). other than software incompatibility with window 7 0S. everything work just fine. one problem, my laptop lack of one more jack for my headphone. ==!!!!. never thought problem occur HERE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute