Lunch of the day ~ Jap. Egg Tofu

I have been eager to try this out ever since I had my first scoop in UTAR canteen. It has been quite some time I didn’t cook my dishes with tofu; basically just getting tired of its taste. The reason might be because there was a time I had been having tofu as my main dish (steamed or boiled). I guess I was just too obsessed with eating simple and plain meals. (lol).
Just to make my dish more wholesome and even more healthy, I added in carrots, egg and bean noodles thread with stock chicken and some black pepper. I also have added in a little bit of corn flour (quarter of my spoon) just to make the gravy texture looked more sticky or gooey. Finally, I served it with a fresh tomato (I never like cooked tomatoes as they taste weird to me.)
Recipe:
* 1 roll of egg tofu
* 1 egg
* 1 stick of red carrot
* 1 small bundle of bean noodles thread
* 1 or 2 table spoon of stock chicken
* 1/3 of corn flour
* onion and garlic (self-estimated)
* Black pepper (optional, if you don't like it to be spicy)
1) Fry cut onions and garlics until fragranced and turned brownish.
2) Add in one bowl of water
3) Add in chicken stock, fish/soya sauce and sesame oil (optional as the chicken stock is enough for taste).
4) Add in boiled carrot (I boiled them beforehand so that I don’t have to cook too long).
5) Add in cut Japanese egg tofu (you can fry them first together with onions and garlics, if you want to) and
    bean noodles thread.
6) Sprinkle some black pepper and stir
7) Add in corn flour
8) Stir until bubbles formed
9) Served with fresh tomato


egg tofu
It looks something like this.( Ignore the meat and onion leaves) =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute