Apple sales person vs Samsung sales person

Woke up early in the morning,

Tried to exercise for at least 30 minutes,

Booked movie ticket in GSC website, though I usually buy on the spot. Well, yesterday I have a special mission to do. lol.


I went out from my house at 9 am as usual, but somehow everything was too smooth that i reached Mid Valley at 9.40 am. I used to reach at ten and sometimes took me a little bit longer.

I went straight to the directory looking for Apple and Samsung outlets.

Weird, I couldn't find any of them but it can't be. I saw it online, yesterday. 


Wandering around with the the hope of finding the big apple sign.

Finally, I found it! But they not yet opened, the employees were having briefings.
Next, for Samsung. I walked around, having my eyes set for computer and gadgets shops. Yet, Samsung was nowhere to be found.

Urgh! Feeling frustrated. I can't believe that they don't open one in Mid Valley. Idiots!.


Suddenly, The Garden came into my mind. They might open one there. They better have one there.


Keeping my fingers crossed, I went into the mall. Unfortunately, all I could see are branded boutiques, Starbucks and restaurants. Then, I looked up, boutiques again. 


Feeling lazy to search the entire mall, I went to look for information counter.

Saw an Indian lady wearing mask with a red bandana on her head, together with her all white uniform, I mistaken her as a janitor at first.

Turned out that I was wrong. When I asked her about Samsung shop location, confidently and professionally she told me it was located at the third floor.
Even if she was a janitor, she must rank senior-level. At least.


Feeling relieved that Samsung indeed exists in The Garden, I went to third floor happily with a little bit of nervousness at the same time.


Guess what?  Next to Samsung on the left hand side was Apple, they named it as Machine, though. Weird, huh.


Here is the story:

Samsung:


Sale: -busy wiping the tablet's screen- *Ignore me though he knew I was standing right in front of him.


Me: -Feeling helpless, making my own in initiative to "break the ice"."Excuse me, is it the latest 
        model for tablet pc is Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?"

Sale: -looked up- "No, the latest is Samsung 7.7, in fact, it just arrived yesterday."
Me: "Does it come with handwriting recognition feature?"
Sale: "Yea, you can even you your finger to write"
- demonstrate to me- unfortunately, the tablet did not want to cooperate with him-  He had to make a few rounds to his other colleague for "consultant". 
Me: "So, what is the difference between Ipad 2 and Samsung tablet pc? What makes Samsung tablet much better than Ipad 2?"
Sale: -slightly annoyed (duh...what kind of sales person is this?)- "Er..the only difference I would say is only the software. Androids software are 80% free to download".
Me: Em..ok - not satisfied and unconvincing-


Then, I went to the next shop, Machine aka Apple.

Machine (Apple)


Me: - Went inside, and hope that someone will come to me- A Malay guy sales person approached 
         me-
Sale: Yes, miss. Can I help you?
Me: - relieved- "Yeah, I want to look at Ipad 2".
Sale: "Sure, this way please" - lead me to the product display-
Me: "Does Ipad 2 comes with handwriting recognition software?"
Sale: -Confused.- "Huh?"
Me: "I saw it online"
Sale: "Oh, those are third party software, they are not developed by Apple."
Me: "So, can I use the application to write my blog? Instead of using the tab?"
Sale: "Oh..miss. I'm sorry. I can't guarantee that. Because it's not developed by Apple."
Me: "So, what so good about Apple compared to tablet pc? Samsung androids software are 80% free" - again-
Sale: "Apple software are 80% free as well" - Then he started to show all the features to me - 
          "Only the camera is not as good as Samsung because Ipad 2 is not built for taking picture 
           purpose" -  showed it to me- Yea, I can see the resolution is bad-
Me: "Ok, thank you. I will consider it"


I went back to Samsung shop. This time the shop was crowded. I eyed around the shop, hoping to find someone that I can talk to, but definitely not the previous sales person. I found someone, who looked like a manager level, at least. 
Again, I asked him the same question, and again, couldn't convince me. Finally he admitted to me, his product knowledge is not good. Yet, he was better than the previous sales person.  He introduced a lady to me, the trainer.

She was a fine lady, small size around 30-ish. The manager told her everything and he said, he couldn't answer my question, "Why Samsung is better than Ipad 2?". She didn't answer my question directly, instead, she explained and demonstrated all the features to me. Indirectly told me how good is their product.

Well, I think she did a good job. She was able to convince me and she got a deal from me. lol. 

* Perhaps, I can use her method for my work. wahahahaha. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute