The Thing (2011 Film)


*My fingers got itchy again to blog recently. 

It was around 3 weeks ago that Banana and I watched this movie together in Golden Screen Cinema, Mid Valley.


What so special about this movie is that, it is the prequel of the movie that I had watched before in my childhood, and the very first movie that gave me my childhood nightmare. 


During 1990's (The first movie was released in 1982), I remembered watching The Thing with my neighbor, though I only recall certain scenes from the movie. The only scene that I remembered was when dogs were barking frantically and struggling to escape from their cage while another dog was transforming into a horrible bloody creature (Trust me, lots of blood was involving.


Thanks to Banana's mom, who told her that The Thing (1982) was a very good movie in the past on the day before we went to hang out in Mid Valley. I still remembered, in that particular week, GSC in Mid Valley was on fire due to short circuit. It's not a big one, though. Thank God, otherwise it's going to be a miserable day without movie. 

As usual, we would check out movie trailers in Youtube before making our decision. 
 
Though it was just a few minutes movie trailer (The Thing,  1982),it was good enough to make my old memories flew back. lol.
It was on the very same night, I searched for the old movie and of course downloaded it and finished it off before I went to sleep. I think it was around 3 am by the time I finished it. lol

One thing that I really impressed in the movie is that, the creatures look so real and genuine as if those things do exist! I wonder how they made it without Computer-Generated-Image technology in 1982. 

In comparison to 2011, the plot was more gruesome and horrifying of course and all the scenes fitted nicely to the story in 1982.


However, the creatures were pretty much looked "CGI-ed", which was a bit of disappointment. 


Well, perhaps they couldn't create a more horrifying effect if they didn't "CGI-ed" the creatures. LOL.


1982




2011




 
Feeling the urge to watch the movie after seeing all these images? lol. 

Trust me, it is a good movie. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute