First Attempt to cook pumpkin XDXD

I have bought two pumpkins from Kampar Pasar Malam last week and only today that i have started to cook them. Basically, i already planned the ingredients beforehand so that i don't have to scratch my head in the last minute. Very simple, I have planned to cook my pumpkins with baked beans in tomato sauce. THAT'S ALL. No oil, MSG or even salt. * i think all the seasonings already in the baked beans. XDXD .
However, as simple as it may look like, my main problem is to cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces. At first, i thought my knife can do the job nicely, but, lots of strength and effort are needed to cut them open, let alone cutting them into pieces. =.= Perhaps, i need a chopper, the one that we can use it to cut durians and whole chicken. XD
Argh..i don't feel like buying it though. i don't like the idea that my room is suddenly full of dangerous weapons. LOL.
My second problem is about the skin. i was trying to peel them with my knife and ...GOSH! they were so HARD! I was started to wondering is it necessary to take off the skin? To get my answers, i started to send SMS Kai Yein, Yen ee and Mun. Three of them give me different answers. One of them said it's optional for me to remove the skin, another one saying that it will be better if i eat the skin together since all the nutrients are concentrated in the skin but i must wash them clean before start to cook it, and one of them said that i should cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces then only i start to peel them off.
Being the lazy me, i have decided to wash the skin and cook them together. XDXD. Now, my next doubt is, when should i add in the baked beans? Together or separately? since i am going to cook with water as well. I was afraid that the baked beans taste will totally masked by pumkins + water. Anyway, i still put them together in the end. Experimenting. XD
I was right! the taste is totally masked by pumpkin or i should say pumpkin soup *too much water already >< leaving only the beans with pumpkins. Somehow, it still tastes nice! XD i guess it is because the sweetness of pumpkin itself. Maybe next time i should add in the baked beans when the pumpkins almost cooked. i think pumpkin alone already enough to make a tasty and wholesome dish, but since i want some proteins, i have decided to add in beans as well. Hey, maybe next time i can add in milk too. XDXD

Comments

  1. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh goodness, Kuen. Don't tell me you will add milk mext time. It won't taste good. Actually, you cake steam both the beans and pumpkin together. Then you don't need to add water. LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yakah? i saw some recipes from internet that we can add in milk oso to make pumpkin soup. steam together? okay, will try it 2molo LOL kamsahaminida. XDXD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute