History Channel ~How Bruce Lee changed the World

bruce lee

Just finished watching “How Bruce lee Changed the world” while having my dinner.

Honestly I’m not his biggest fan at all to begin with but I don’t hate him, okay. I’m neutral towards him. I just knew he is a very popular martial arts artist that is being idolize both from Western and Eastern till today. Every movies, regardless the genre, especially related to martial arts will have some scenes where the main actor will portray the character of Bruce Lee. You see, no doubt he is  one of the artists (Together with Michael Jackson) that almost everyone in the world recognize. No matter how old you are or where are you from, you have definitely heard his name.

The reason I don’t attracted to him was mainly because I totally don’t fancy his “Ah-taa….!!!!” cry out, whenever he was fighting. it sounds annoying to me and it gives me goosebumps.

However, after I have watched the documentary (My current obsession), my view has totally changed. As a matter of fact, I found his cry out kind of cool now and he was so HANDSOME back then. XD

Those sharp fiery eyes when he looked at his opponent were so lady-killing and smile of victory that can melt you out .

Through the documentary, I have learned that he was not just a martial arts actor and director. He was a writer and a philosopher as well. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT? A great fighter majoring in philosophy.  it was mentioned that he applied the theories in philosophy into his martial arts. In fact, he shaped his own muscular and six-pack body all by himself. Incorporating the knowledge that he acquired through reading from books.

His works and ideas have greatly inspired lots of well-known celebrities, directors and athletics, both in western and eastern countries. ~Who doesn’t know Bruce Lee?~

From the documentary, I also get to know his family (wife, daughter and son). Both of his children also have martial arts background. In fact, both of them have starred in several martial arts films which you might have watched before. Unfortunately, his son (Brandon Lee), died at the age of 28 when he was accidentally killed while filming “The Crow” *you can read it from the internet if you are interested. As for her daughter (Shannon Lee), I saw her in one HK movie before (Enter the Eagle), in fact I love this movie VERY MUCH that I have watched it for countless times and she is my favourite.

~Long live Bruce Lee~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute