Homemade Mashed Potato with Gravy

Mashed-Potota-&-GravyEver since I have broken free from my irregular extraordinary high pressure days ~lol, I’m back with my cooking. XD

Which means I start to cook my meals SERIOUSLY and not by simply boil some noodles and eat with paste without considering the nutrients.

Maybe because recently I have watched quite a number of western movies that i got the sudden feel to try their cuisine. *Of course the very simple ones. XD

Also, I think I had lay my eyes on potatoes these days that I used it as my main dish  for several days:

  • Potato salad
  • ABC soup
  • Mushroom soup

and today, I have tried to make mashed potatoes with gravy. The ingredients are:

  • Potatoes * amount depends on how much you want. Just for my convenience, I bought one packet of potatoes from Tesco ~ Rm1.99
  • 45oml low fat Dutch lady milk ~ Rm 2.99
  • Chicken flavor mushroom soup ~ Rm3.89 (optional, if you plan to make only mashed potatoes WITHOUT gravy, OR you prefer stock chicken instead, but it requires additional ingredients which you can find it online).
  • Pepper
  • salt/ soya sauce  * can be omitted if you are using mushroom soup as your gravy since the soup itself already rich in flavor.

 

  1. Peel and wash the potatoes.
  2. Boil them in a pot until they soften. *Use fork to test it.
  3. Remove them from the pot and put onto a bowl.
  4. Use your fork to mash them.
  5. Add in milk (little by little as I didn’t use up the whole bottle) and continue to stir and mash the potatoes.
  6. Add in salt/soya sauce and pepper for taste. You might want to taste it occasionally to get the taste that you want.
  7. Continue to mash and stir to make sure the seasonings are well distributed.

8. Prepare your mushroom soup according to the instructions from the can.. (you don’t have to finish the whole can, if you add in salt/soya sauce. Just enough to cover the surface will do. )

9. Once ready, pour the soup onto your mashed potato.

10. Ready to serve.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute