First Interview ~ MTeam SDN BHD

Attended my very first interview today after I have graduated.

Honestly, this was not the first if I take into account the so-called less than 5 minutes telephone interview. which was an unsuccessful one when the interviewer asked me whether I possessed my own transport. Since, I don’t have one at the moment, only the driving license. I was totally not considered anymore *sad case =(. Actually, they had pre-stated that possessing own transport is one of the job requirement. I still gave it a try anyhow. They might hire me, who knows? LOL. The second one was another telephone interview which I have missed because I was in the LRT when my handphone was ringing. I called back the company (too desperate ={ )and after telling them what my degree field, handphone number and the position that I’m going to apply for. The conversation ended till now.

Surprisingly I didn’t feel very nervous about the interview, in fact I felt rather excited. This morning, I woke up at 7 AM. I planned to do my exercise (skipped for 2 days already) right after I have woken up. Somehow,  I only started to move my limbs at 8 AM. The truth was, I was way too obsessed with TOP Lol. Keep on replaying Big Bang songs, just wanted to see his face.

Honestly, I was kind of reluctant, unmotivated and lazy to exercise these few days. I’m not sure why. Somehow, I feel the task is TOUGH! Can you believe it? Perhaps, it is the time for me to change my exercise. Maybe I should switch to Yogapilot which I have abandoned it for like..2 years ago.

Initially, I have decided to leave my house around 9 AM so that I don’t have to worry about crowded LRT, which is a very typical issue in KL at the beginning and the end of office hour. However, since I have started my exercise LATE. Everything changed. I started to feel nervous. Once I have finished my work out, I hastily went to bath. Guess what? it was done in 10 minutes!!!! Next, the thing that worried me the most was wearing my contact lens. Normally, I need at least 30 minutes to wear them. Surprisingly for  today, It was done, again in 10 minutes. LOL. Perhaps, we become more capable and skillful when we are being stressed. Then, I  applied make up and change into my formal clothes. Once everything done, I wore my formal shoes and leave the house at 9.30 AM.

While walking to the elevator, I felt something wrong with my formal shoes. They were too loose! Actually, I’m aware of this problem long time ago and I thought it was because I walked in an improper way. However, today incident proved me wrong. I think I have to wear with a few layers of socks next time. *Hopefully it works. ><.  Due to the shoes issues, I went back to my house and changed to my formal-like sandals, which I wore it everyday during my undergraduate life. Initially, I felt relieved as I have changed into a more comfortable one. However, I gradually started to few anxious because I’m not wearing a formal shoes. What if my interviewer penalized me because of this? My mind was so pre-occupied with this matter during the entire journey to the company and I even thought of buying a new one in nearby shops if I got the chance or maybe desperate and brave enough to exchange my shoes with anyone. LOL!!!!! Finally, I had decided to apologize to my interviewer in the first place by the time the interview started. Maybe because of this, I’m less worried about my interview.

The company that I’m going to apply is Mteam SDN BHD which is a call centre and it’s located in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, near KLCC. However, If I get the job, I’m going to work at Pudu, beside F&N company which is very near to my house. 

At the beginning, I was be seated and wait for a moment on the couch. Then I handed my  personal information to the HR Manager. A few minutes later, I saw the arrival of another interviewee, which was a guy. Somehow I felt that the guy was displeased with me. He must have thought me as his rival for the job that he was going to apply. Even so, I still think it was so impolite and un-gentleman of him to behave in this way. I bet, he was a fresh-graduate too. Why? Because his action was so immature. >< Fortunately, he applied for different position in that company. Good, I don’t really enjoy any enemy or foe at the moment.

A few minutes later, the HR manager asked me to enter a meeting room and fill up a form. It was not really a form, it was more like a question paper LOL. He asked me to write something which is an open-ended  questions (no right or wrong) where I was being asked; “What do you want to achieve?” and “What do I expect from this job?” WOW! It reminded me of sitting for an English test and out of sudden, I felt that I was a student once again. XDXD. Kind of warm though. At first, I really have no idea what I should write in order to fill in the two big and empty boxes. Fortunately, the idea came to me. The answer is, just be honest, and ask yourselves what you really want the most and try to imagine what can you learn from this job. Try to think in different perspectives. Just like doing a mind-map LOL. Not long after that, a lady came in, which I thought was my interviewer and I greeted her VERY politely. The funny thing was, the HR Manager said, “It’s ok, she is not the interviewer”. LOL As if what I did just now was so unnecessary and I can save it for later use LOL. Funny isn’t it? The next thing that came to my mind was, hm….”competitor” LOL. maybe that’s the reason why the guy gave me that kind of look. XD

A few minutes later, 3 person came into the meeting room which included the HR Manager and the interview officially started once the lady was being asked to leave the meeting room for a while. There were 2 guys and a lady that conducted the interview. The chairperson was a director, if I’m not mistaken, the other one was the HR Manager himself and the lady, which I can’t remember what was her position. If I’m not mistaken she was under sales department.

At first, I could really feel the tension, because 3 to 1 really gave me the creeps. However, things started to ease up a little when the chairperson started to talk. Despite being called an interview, it was more like a normal English conversation. The questions that I was being asked included,

“My language proficiency”,

“why I choose this company”,

“why I choose to work in business industry considering that I’m a science student”,

“what makes me think that the company will be benefitted if they hire me”,

“What will I do if I take the science path”

“How’s my last job”

“My expected salary”

“My Hobbies”

“What I wanted to achieve when I’m 25 years old” – unexpected.

“Do I attend anymore interview from different companies?”

“When can I start to work” – means I’m hired???????????????????? =0

The interview ended with the director telling me that I will be informed through phone call if I’m hired. – the phrase that I fear the most. Normally in dramas, when they tell you this, means you are NOT HIRED!!! lol. Hopefully, I’m just overreacting and oversensitive. ><

When I left the company, I still feel the confidence in me, and I even thought that I got a good chance of being hired because in my opinion I did quite well for the interview.

Then when I reached home, I started to pay attention to my Handphone more than usual. Checking it from time to time and making sure it’s not in silent mode (I usually forget to turn on my handphone==||). However, as  time passed by without any incoming call, I started to lose the fate on myself and doubt my self-confidence and ability LOL. I even thought of applying more jobs which included those offered by the government. *Be patient, wait for 2 more days. If still no news only then start to apply them by this Friday. Am I too rush? Is this the correct way? Should I wait for at least one week? argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! headache!!!!!!! GOD!!!! I just want a job, please……………..

p/s: Maybe I’m not that fortunate to get a job in my first interview. >< A little bit more brush up, More interviews!! Fine, I will treat it as one of my experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute