Loke Yew Flat ON FIRE!






I smelled something burned while I was editing my post.
The very first thing that came to my mind was, "Eh, is my laptop burned? or any fuse in my house burned?"
I was sniffing around, trying to locate the source of the smell.
Then, I saw smoke coming out from a building opposite my house. To be precise, I'm staying in a flat.
Honestly, at first I thought someone must be burning rubbish in an open area.
What a FOOL!
One of the unit in that building was on fire! Dark brown smoke was puffing out from each and every of the gaps and holes in that building.
Slowly, I heard children screaming for help then the adults and the most significant one, a young lady, I supposed was screaming for her grandpa. Not really sure what's happening.
More cries joined in calling for help.
Sudden fear swept over me,
Never thought it will be so horrifying when a building is on fire.
Metal gates were banged repeatedly, either they were trapped inside the house or trying to alert the rest of the tenants.
Not long after, fire truck's alarm was heard,
Hang Tuah fire brigade came to the rescue!
I heard whistles,
I heard glasses were smashed,
Alarms booming.
More and more people gather around.
Cries for help was getting more intense.
Smokes dispersed and reached our building.
Not sure what to do,
I turned on all the fans in my house to the max.
I went to the balcony continue watching the horrific scene.
My dad came back.
He put down all the blinds in our house and left a small gap in the balcony.
Anxious on what's happening on the other side,
My dad started to ask me to pack my stuff and leave the house.
I calmed him down and said it was unnecessary unless the fire was madly spreading or it was a volcano eruption.
Soon, I heard the sound of  raindrops and I thought it already started to rain.
My dad said no, most probably they turned on the main tank for the building to stop the fire.
Finally, the smokes subsided.
Guess the nightmare finally end.
No more cries,
No more alarms,
Here am I blogging. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute