“Smooth” Textured Porridge

Today my dad taught me how to make a smooth and yummylicious porridge. *have been craving for chicken porridge these few days. 

Here is the method:
1) Wash and rinse the rice as usual.
2) Do not fill the pot with water yet because here is the trick ;p
3) Soak the rice with a teaspoon of oil (I used sesame oil because it’s the healthiest oil I have in my
    kitchen XD) and sprinkle some salt for taste.
4) Mix them thoroughly and put them aside so that the oil + salt can blend well with the rice.
5) While waiting, you can prepare the ingredients such as, cut gingers into pieces, wash the 
    chicken(I'm using drumstick.) and cut them into cubes.
6) Once everything done, you can now pour in the water and the chicken essence (I’m using Hainanese Chicken Mix. This is optional as my parents used to cook some nice chicken porridge without the essence as well. Ajinamoto and salt will do the trick. XD), then mix everything inside and start to cook your porridge.
7) Make sure you stir your porridge occasionally so that it won’t stick to the pot and have a better texture.
8) Enjoy!
images

                                 Will look something like this. *With the method


taiwan_siau_jou_porridge
                                                                    Without the method. XD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute