5.5.2013

This date marked one of the biggest incident happened in my life.

It was the day for Malaysia General Election for the 13th time, in short, GE-13.

Highly anticipated for the day yet feeling nervous at the same time.

I was never an avid newspaper reader and still trying to improve on that.

This year general election had turned on my curiosity for my country's local news.

Trying to follow up the news whenever I can.

Honestly, I was so nervous the day before the election mainly due to so-called "rules and regulations" that might render our votes invalid or become spoiled votes.

Or  there might be some funny attempts from you-know-who to sabotage our votes.

True, I was mostly being influenced by the news and posts shared by my friends or contacts in Facebook.

However, the approach used by you-know-who to attract or lure the people convinced me that they were extremely desperate and might resort to use any method to get what they want.

Also because that I was a first time voter that I felt nervous.

This year I was being assigned to vote at Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (C) Chung Kwo. 

Thought of woke up earlier so that I can move from my house at 8.am but because I slept late the day before 
that I had to postpone it  to 9 am. 

The early crowds surprised me a lot because, there was indeed a lot of people went to vote early in the

morning. 

I passed by Tsun Jin High School and I saw lots of people jamming the front entrance. 


Initially, I got freaked out, worried that my voting location had been changed last minute and i might need to

vote in Tsun Jin instead of Ching Kwo. 

Thank God I ignored my worries and went straight to Chung Kwo. 


Got my serial number checked and got the assigned channel, I went straight to the voting station. 

Oh, by the way, I got to vote in channel number 5. 


Waiting is the thing that I hate the most, seeing the long queue made me feel extremely impatient and agitated. 




Thank God I brought my smartphone along and really thank God that Digi signal was strong enough for me 

to browse Facebook smoothly. 

After waiting for like 2 hours, my turn finally arrived. 




I was getting even more nervous than usual and in fact my mind was empty during that short period of time. 


I got my left index finger "inked'" with blue color indelible claimed-to-be ink then I was handed my ballot paper and vote at the voting station. 


I was so nervous that I had forgot to check my ballot paper for any mark, dots or signs because if the ballot

paper is stained, the vote considered spoiled.

Once everything done, the first thing I did was to snap a picture of my inked finger and upload to Facebook

to tell the world that I had voted as well. 

TADAA!!!






For the few hours before 8 PM, I went to Cold Storage in Berjaya Times Square to buy some ingredients to

cook my lunch and then took a 1 hour nap and went to my friend's salon for hair treatment. 

I even thought of going to H&M, Lot10 to check out the dress that I had my eyes on in their website but after

receiving  all the rumors that there might be a riot going to happen and everyone was advised to stay home for
safety purpose. 

When 8 pm struck the clock, I went to the living room and switched on the television. Unfortunately, the TV 

signal was bad and the only channel that I could view was 8TV. 

I could not understand the language well and together with blurry image,feeling frustrated, I turned off the TV

and went back to my room and checked on Facebook. 

First I went to check the result in The Star website but turned it off immediately after a few seconds because 

the whole thing was bias and took sides. 

Thanks to my Facebook contacts that I was informed that I could monitor the result from a trusted website, 

Malaysiakini. 

I was diligently monitoring the website and seeing the party took the lead made me highly anticipated for 

GE-13 result. 

Unfortunately, my eyes finally got tired before the result was out. 


I headed to my bed and was hoping to receive a good news in the morning when I woke up. 


However, the moment I browsed my Facebook, all I could see that all my contacts had changed their profile 

picture to black color and the only posts appears in everyone wall was about how injustice or how fake the 
result was. 

Uh,Oh...I knew what happened then and the only thing I did was to change my profile picture to black color 

too, just to join the crowd. hahahahah 

When I went to office, the only topic we discussed heatedly was GE-13 and how unfair the result was. 


Now, the thing that we are hoping is the party to make appeal for GE-13 within 21 days. 

I myself are in doubts if anything can still be done but another part of me is hoping that they will really 

do something. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute