Work..work…WORK!!! =P

After 2 weeks of job hunting, I finally settle down in this company, JFPS (M) Group.

At the moment, I have attended 4 interviews and out of them only this one has changed my life. Yea, the second last interview from JFPS (final – Eli Lily (M) SDN BHD).

Previously, I have no clue what is my life goal going to be?

What I want to become?

What I want to achieve?

What is my future career?

Frankly speaking, when I was applying for jobs in Jobstreet.com, I only have this mindset.

I don’t mind what kind of job that I’m going to apply as long as I got fixed monthly income

I don’t want to be jobless once I’m graduated

For as long as I fulfill the company’s requirement and job responsibility, I WILL JUST ACCEPT THE JOB!!!! Whether or not It’s going to be related to my field (Biomedical Science), is not really my concerned.

To put it in a simple way, I set a very low and flexible target when I was job hunting.

Perhaps, I was too freak out of being jobless.* Well, since the issue of fresh graduates become jobless is so common nowadays.

Though some of them keep on reminding me that my first job is very important to determine my future career, I still have to put them aside. All I can think of was “I WANT A JOB!!!”

However, once I have attended this (JFPS) company interview, out of sudden, I have changed my mindset.

From someone who had no idea on her future career to someone who KNOW what she want.

From someone who had set low target during job hunting to someone  who is so determined to get the job.

Seriously, that was the first time I told myself, “OH! I want to work in this company! I MUST get this job, no matter what!!”

Not to say that I am not interested or don’t bother at all to the previous companies that had interviewed me, it just that, so far, this is the only one that had successfully “ignited (chehwa…=P)” the spirit or “fire” in me in order to fight for what I want. Sounds exaggerated,  but this is the truth.

I myself prefer human touch, therefore I definitely couldn’t work in a laboratory, hospital or any other healthcare or research center where you are solely on your own and interacting with non other than machines and samples.

You must be wondering, why on earth I chose to study in science stream in the first place? Why not taking business-related course? Don’t you think you have wasted your time, money and …..youth? LOL

Well, to be honest, there are several reasons why I chose the science path.

1) Realized that I’m interested in science during Primary 6.

2) Getting straight A’s for PMR was highly encouraged to join science stream. I still remembered what my teachers had told us, “Science students can do both art and science but art students can only do art”. Well, that moment it seemed like taking science subjects were more beneficial, right?.

3) Due to my low self-esteem, lack of confidence and afraid of meeting people (used to be, when I was an obese), working alone or doing research in a laboratory seemed suited me the most at that time.

4) I don’t have any siblings or relatives that I could take advice from regarding my education and future career and not to mention both of my parents do not have proper education.

5) I just continue my science path when I entered university just to be on the safe side and choosing my favourite course which interest me the most.

After many years of going through my undergraduate life, slowly, I turned into someone that is so different from what I used to be. (My very first changes occurred when I was in National Service)

I really have to thank my UTAR buddies who inspired me to change my old self-perception. Previously I used to:

1) Force myself doing something that I don’t like just for the sake of being able to remain friends with people.

2) Worry TOO MUCH on how people perceive me.

3) Not being honest to myself

4) fail to express myself to people. *Whether or not I like it, I will just take it.

5) fail to defend myself and my own rights.

Now, I’m no longer the old me.

1) I don’t bother how people look at me as long as I know what is right or what is wrong, what I can or what I can’t do

2) If I don’t like it, I will just SAY IT OUT! No more chickened out.

3) Stop acting like a loser or freaking out before I try to do something. *You will never know unless you try. SO WHAT! If you fail, better than you regret later on if you quit.

4) Dare to change and accept the new.

5) Never! Never! Never! give up till the last minute. *You can never predict your future

6) Believe in myself and know my rights

7) Praise when i want and express when i detest

HWAITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

batista

P/S: okay, a little bit too much of “fire” for today. =p

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute