Reading indeed improve your vocabularies

I love reading novels, mostly crimes and thrillers. The hobby that I took up during form 3. Back then my English was VERY POOR!. I love reading but mostly Malay novels, that was the reason my English was horrible. Spoken and written totally OUT!. During my English oral test, my teacher told me that she couldn't understand my words at all because I plainly memorized the script. Feeling hurt DEEPLY, I seeked from my best friend's help. Starting that day onwards, I read a lot of English books, mostly R.L. Stine and Harry Potter series. The very first time in my life I bought so many English dictionaries. Every word that I didn't know I will jot it down on a notebook together with the meanings. After several months of 'bootcamp' training, my English improved tremendously!

Currently, I seldom read much because of Mangas and illegally movies download. Lol. I am trying to pick up my reading hobby again. What I want to say here is that (lol after a long essay, here is the core idea) you might not remember tons of words easily after looking up from a dictionary for so many different words. somehow our amazing human brain able to tell you when to use the word. As if, the particular word will pop up in your mind when you need to use it. Slighly vague but you know the word. Next, what else? Double confirm with your dictionary and your uncle Google. In the future, that particular word will just stick to your mind forever, waiting to be used again for next time. At least this happened to me. ^^

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebonding and contact lens

T_T

Feel Lost?---Don't give up untill the last minute